27. December 2009
Hooray! Group/Sort Tabs v2.0 is public. Go grab it up! I'll just reproduce the text here because I'm lazy. :) Some more suitable information and pictures later perhaps. Here's the code repository, and here's the support page. This update from 1.1.4 is huge and took a good 6 months of work. I can say this extension is now up to my standards, it's as I envisioned. I'm quite satisfied. :D
- Group your tabs by hostname, browse session (tabs browsed within 15 minutes of each other), browse day, and original opening tab (IE8 style).
- Sort your tabs by time opened, browsed, hostname and title.
- Choose between sorting around groups (groups are freely movable), or ordering them along with the tabs for a true "one side to the other" sort.
- Distinguish tab groups by color and separator. Colors rotate between 4 pleasing hues.
- Tabs are movable and re-groupable, even when sorted. "Moved" tabs are designated with a black upper border and may be returned via the context menu. Tabs dropped in another group may be immediately sent to their sorted position within the group by holding shift before the drop.
- Context menu for quick group/sort switching and closing groups.
- Sorting is intelligently handled with the opening/restoration of multiple tabs.
If you're really taken with my extension you can send me a dollar. Send one with a nice little message in PayPal's comments for recipient box and you will absolutely make my day. Or write me a review, even dissenting!
(Psst, you can hide that pesky little Donate $1 :-) link too... lookin' at you with those eyes.)