27 Dec 2009 Newer version: Group/Sort Tabs 2.0
This extension adds group and sort support to tabs in Firefox.
- Optionally group your tabs by hostname. (More to come.)
- Sort your tabs by last opened date, hostname, or last browsed date.
- Intelligently handles the opening/restoration of multiple tabs at once, only sorting when the URL of all opened tabs is known.
- Sorts tabs immediately upon navigating to a different URL, prior to full page load.
- Tabs can be manually moved into other groups.
- The entire host before the first / is matched when comparing host names, so sites with different subdomains (like addons.mozilla.org and developer.mozilla.org) will not be grouped together. This can be undesirable with certain URLs (such as
- You can only manually move a tab into another group if you drop it somewhere in the middle of the group (no edges). I'd like an easy and intuitive method of grouping/ungrouping tabs for the future.
- Manually rearranging tabs out of the sort order is not a feature of this version. I've worked toward supporting it, but decided to release without it. Also, I may be overestimating its importance.